Friday, August 28, 2009

Is It Almost Fall?

Since some of you may not be able to watch early morning TV I will try to help you keep up to date on fashion news. I was able to catch a very interesting segment on one of the morning shows last week. The guest, from a well known fashion magazine, showed how to wear a flora sundress right into fall by adding a black wrap sweater, black opaque tights and black shoes. Also white jeans from summer paired with black boots and a jacket makes a nice fall outfit. Apparently even Bermuda shorts can be wore into the fall when paired with high heels and your boyfriend jacket. That same boyfriend jacket can also be worn with a white shirt and black slacks. (I must have missed the summer connection of this transition. It must have been the white shirt. Perhaps it was worn as a beach cover.) Even a ruffled sleeveless shirt can be paired with a beaded skirt and short sweater for evening.

(This fall fashion report should not be confused with my report from last September . Last September there was no mention of a boy friend jacket.)

However, if you live in the South you may want to add a black LINEN jacket or my favorite fall outfit, brown linen - slacks and shirt. I call it a "Southern Solution". Do not wear linen in December. Linen is just tacky on Christmas day. For Christmas just wear that white beach cover with the sleeved rolled up, your black slacks, black heels, and maybe a red necklace unless the air in turned down to sixty. Then you could add a red scarf. You may be able to add the boyfriend jacket in January.

Just trying to do my part!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

juney, loved the post. you are one of my favorite bloggers. love you! carrie

Still Waters. said...

Thank Carrie. Come out to see us.

KK said...

Your public thanks you! I hope you don't have to get out your clothing ticket book this Christmas!

cae said...

you are too funny. the christmas wardrobe is the best.

Leslie said...

I am so out of the loop. I don't know what a boyfriend jacket is...could you enlighten me? It sounds like a key to the fall wardrobe and I don't have one.