Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Second Annual "Get 'er done" Shopping Trip

Leslie and I "enjoyed" the second annual "get 'er done" shopping (I mean buying) trip today. We left home about 3 o'clock, after I spent the morning in Thomasville. Leslie hit as many stores as humanly possible in 2.5 ( or was it 8) hours then we dragged the little ones and ourselves home.

This year's trip was not quite as seamless as last year's, but still productive. After a couple of stops with Leslie running in and us riding around a parking lot, Bennett was looking for someplace to play. And of course whatever B wants little Bo wants also. So Leslie dropped us off at the mall and left us there. And now I know " Where the Wild Things Are." They're at the playground at the mall. Apparently all alone. From toddlers to 5 foot runners. Well it finally drove us to a bar. Leslie found us at Ruby Tuesday's having drinks! In the bar*. So Brooks went on the next round with Leslie and B and I reinforced ourselves for a second round of "FUN". He played so hard that we soon had to look for another drink. On our way to Chick-Fil-A we found the coin operated rides down the mall and rode them. Until the quarters ran out. After restocking with juice and quarters at Chick's we rode the cars and trucks again then back to the play ground.

When Bennett was reduced to walking in his sleep, I put his shoes back on him and carried him to the entrance as Leslie was driving up. He was asleep before we reached the North Valdosta Road exit. And So Was BO!

You may wonder why I don't just stay home and let Leslie shop alone. IT'S. FUN! CHRISTMAS FUN!

*"But, it's a baby. In a bar." Name that movie.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

"Sweet home Alabama". Sorry I drove you and my 2 babies to a bar...just wait until next year! I will have it really mapped out again. Of course Amazon might just save ya'll an hour of next years shopping since they just bring it to my door!
Thanks for going on the buying trip!

mcdaniellaurie said...

Sweet Home Alabama! classic.