Friday, April 1, 2011

Field Hands







Trying again to grow tomatoes.


B helped with the planting and the watering.

 

We have also done additional landscaping.




 Han- man helped with some planting ......


and watering. Yes, our grand-kids have to work. Did you think this was a play camp?



I have an early memory, from about this age, of being in my mom's kitchen where there was a large basket covered with a red checked cloth and the most enticing aroma drifting from the basket on the top of the refrigerator down to my level.



There was a woman there cooking for the field hands that day. It may have been a special occasion, maybe end of the tobacco "season" because I don't think it was an everyday occurrence.

That memory always brings fried chicken and chocolate cake to my mind.


We may not feed our workers fried chicken and chocolate cake............


but we have SNACKS!

  
And a variety of them!

And I guess we do ...............

 have a play camp.


Including crafts .....



and rock climbing.

Welcome to Camp Still Waters! 
A place where boys can be boys. And men can be to.



2 comments:

Our Home said...

I love these! Made me laugh!

jimmy said...

Great blog one of the best....looked for pictures of boys minus bathing suits-thanks for all u do.....