Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Best Crop




 This spring I moved my raised tomato bed ............

 and planted zinnias where the raised bed was last year.

 The bed had been filled with good soil .......


 and zinnias obviously love sun and just enough water.

They are leggy and have bug eaten leaves now ............
  but we have enjoyed many baskets and ......














 .............   and vases of cut flowers all summer.




 I plan to move the raised bed again ...... looking for a little less "full sun" for my tomatoes ......................

and since Jimmy said he used to have to pick the last zinnias for his mom and save the seeds.....

... or maybe Bennett will gather the seeds for me........

then  I'll have twice the zinnias next year. They seem to be my best crop.



No comments: