Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nature!

In our home group, we have challenged one another to practice habits of holiness and to live more intentionally in every aspect of life. To stop and smell the roses.


I often caught sight of the Adirondack chairs  in the evening shade and wished that we would take the time just sit and enjoy nature and chat a few minutes.



  So, Jimmy and I agreed to have a date at the chairs about eight every evening. Away from all electronics. Leave the phones inside. Leave the wedding invitations on the table along with all the planning and decisions.  Enjoy a cool drink.

 

 Monday evening I brought out Jimmy's glass of peach tea and a glass of lemon-lime water for myself.



 Jimmy was just a little late and his ice had melted just a bit, but we made our first sit-and-connect date. We enjoyed a few minutes outside with a gentle breeze blowing. Perfect evening to sit and ................ something was stinging my upper leg. I thought the chair had pinched me and I could not wiggle away from its hold. No! It was a wasp stinging me through the chair on my thigh........ Nature wins!

So, enjoy nature but be cautious  or it will bite you in the butt!





No comments: