Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Rabbit's Tale..... Or Rabbit, it taste a lot like.......

One Saturday when I was a very young girl, pre-school age anyway, (Of course I did not go to school until I was 6 years old!) Daddy decided to cook a rabbit. I don't know why I am so sure it was a Saturday, but in my mind it was. I also don't know if Daddy had ever eaten rabbit but I am pretty sure he had never cooked one. A friend had told him some special delicious way to prepare rabbit (per a conversation with my mom years later) so Daddy shot and cleaned the rabbit. As he started the process my mom decided to bake a chocolate cake for dessert. Hummmm.....Yellow cake with chocolate icing...........My most favorite cake.

I don't actually know how he prepared the rabbit but in my mind he boiled it on the stove. You know, Fatal Attraction style. It seems that it cooked for a very long time and it was still not tender........ so, finally.......... we just ate the cake......CAKE FOR SUPPER! It was a high point in my life.

Now any time I hear someone mention eating anything wild my mouth just waters because I always think: chocolate cake. As you can image, I have had some major disappointments in my life waiting for cake. Apparently not everyone has chocolate cake with their wild game.

1 comment:

mcdaniellaurie said...

I always love this story! Maybe next time I come home, you and Jimmy can cook us some rabbit and cake!

La