Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rocks in the Lane


In my never ending quest for fitness-without-effort, I have tried to latch onto an interesting, and very true, statement that I recently heard: "Efficiency is the enemy of fitness." And yes, I am efficient. Yes, I have a touch of OCD, but it is a requirement for Math teachers under the Eisenhower Bill. And being a very efficient person down to my DNA, I found trying to be less efficient very difficult. Well, let's just say impossible.

I did make an effort. I decided to store the paper towels upstairs so that I would have to walk upstairs to replace the empty roll. I had never noticed how many paper towels we used. We seemed to be eating paper towels. They needed to be replaced daily. So, I simply learned not to use as many. Instead I learned to use kitchen towels. At least the laundry room is down stairs. (Note to self- buy larger rolls of paper towels. See, I can't help it!)

Then I decided I would get in an extra walk every day by taking the garbage down the lane to the big roll out can at the road. My first trip started out just fine. But apparently I had forgotten that I had made rock soup everyday that week and had thrown the leftovers into the garbage. I finally dragged the bag down the lane and the rocks escaped out the bottom of the bag and scattered along the lane where they remain to this day. And the quest continues!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmy

mcdaniellaurie said...

Oh my goodness. Is this it? Have you finally lost your mind? Regardless....that is too funny!