Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday Jay!!!!

Happy Birthday Jay!

Even if you still had the cone head your dad always says that you had when you were born I would love you. Now, I may buy you hats for every occasion, especially a ten gallon cowboy hat, and insist that they looked wonderful on you so you would wear them everywhere, but I would still love you.

I was not there when you got your famous basketball goal for Christmas, but I was there when you got your first guitar. I can't wait to hear you playing and singing with the other guys. This may be the greatest talent of your life.


I was not there when you first started dating or went to the prom, but I was right there when you first saw, was smitten by, and won the heart of the love of your life.



And I was there when you first got to know the other love of your life.

I was not there when you were born or even when you were born again, but I am pretty sure I was around when you made Jesus the Lord of your life.

Happy Birthday Jay! I'm glad that we get to be in a family together.
You are a great son.

3 comments:

KK said...

Great pics! (I apologize for my sister's comments about your head) Happy Birthday to an awesome Guy!

Our Home said...

This made me cry! So sweet! Lela

Can't type much...busy learning chords and reshaping my head - hehe. Seriously, thank you! That was great and I was very moved. I love you too! Jay

Anonymous said...

I hope nobody else in your family has a birthday anytime soon. The nausea is starting to bother me!!

(Not really, I love all your guys and gals!!)

CAE