Thursday, September 25, 2008

Breaking News in Fashion !

FALL IS HERE! Don't you love it! We have had some of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL days ever here at Still Waters this last week. This morning was really cool. So, I need to pass on some tips to all of you working girls as you transition to fall dressing.
On The Today Show this morning they had a segment on transition dressing. You know, how to wear some of your summer clothes on into early fall. The first woman had on a brown tank top and a brown and red skirt. The second woman had on a light colored tank top with medium gray slacks. The third woman had on a blue and turquoise sun dress with a little black tank underneath. Ready? You may want to take notes......I really wish I had pictures so you could get a better understanding of this concept. The first big "make over" was to add a belted brown sweater. The belt just gave it that "new" look. They also changed her footwear from sandals to pumps. For the second "make over" they added a jacket AND a little scarf AND boots. To the third outfit they added a black jacket and tights! Do you have this? Maybe I should recap. One should add a sweater or light jacket and shoes in the fall.
I think I may be able to get a part time job as a segment producer for The Today Show. I already have some thoughts about winter dressing........coats, boots, scarfs.tights..... And for spring.... And yes, girls, I mean to use these quotation marks.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't you already have enough part-time jobs since you retired!
Why don't you just be our fashion consultant...do you know that there are people who will come to your house and make new outfits out of the clothes in your closet. Maybe you could do that locally.
(If you need another job).

Anonymous said...

I'm just testing to see how Blogger works.

Our Home said...

I'm so glad you let me know about this! I would have no idea this fall about how to transition. I had to wear maternity last year, so this REALLY helps!