Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Friends posted : 8/28/08

People have asked me what I would do when I retired. I heard it as, “What in the world will YOU do after you retire? You don’t have a life except for school!” And there were times when I didn’t have much of one. But, I can say that it is not that difficult to make new friends. I have, however, had a few missteps. I thought I had a potential friend recently. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I was open and interested in her life. She told me all about her son. I imaged that our paths would cross frequently. Things were going great until she did not give me my cash back after I paid for my groceries with my debit card. Well, she was a little distracted by the new Key Customer cards. We’ll see how it works out. I really need to go see her. Our pantry is almost empty.
I also tried to make friends at ABAC. But no one was interested. They did not seem to want to add to their numbers. They seemed irrational and a little obtuse. Who knew Math people were so cold and calculating! ( HEE! HEE! I kill me!)
Oh, well! I have made some new friends. There is Rechelle (The Country Doctor’s Wife), who is a friend of Laurie’s friend Ree (The Pioneer Woman). Rechelle is LOL funny and Ree is an excellent cook and sometimes has give-aways for her friends. I now check in with Ree and Rechelle every morning. We all have such full lives!!!
Then there are Michael, Kerri and Misty. We spent a LOT of time together for a couple of weeks but they are busy young people so we don’t see each other as much now. I did catch Michael on the Today show this morning. He seemed happy and healthy. I’m waiting to hear from Kerri and Misty. They both hope to start families now that the games are over. I’ll miss seeing them every day but just want the best for them. They both need someone else to hug on and pop on the butt besides each other.
This week I am being courted by Michelle and Joe. I’m trying to hold off to see what John can offer me next week. At least I have my ABAC students. Some of them email me and some even call me at home.

No comments: