Thursday, September 11, 2008

It 's gotta be love!

After spending a fun time with Bennett, Hannan, and their mommies today, Baby B stayed with me while his mommie went to an appointment. I am always so thankful for the screened porch when B is here since he always wants to be outside and the porch has ceiling fans. "Outside” is one of his earliest and favorite words which he pronounces as two distinct words. Out Side! Well we really enjoyed that porch today. After he played with his little scooter, building blocks and everything else on the porch while I enjoyed a tumbler of iced water B decided he really wanted a sip of my water. So, of course, his Juju gave him a sip. He enjoyed sipping that water and letting it roll out the sides of his mouth and down the front of his shirt. As he kept drinking my water I noticed he was trying to catch an ice chip in his mouth. After many tries he just reached in and got a handful of ice and stuffed it into his mouth… Well, maybe one piece actually made it to his mouth. The ice was on his shirt and down his shirt and on the porch floor but he was so thrilled and just hummed as he enjoyed his ice. It was soooo gooooood! My thirst had disappeared after the first bubble blowing incident so I let him reach that little hand that had been playing with the blocks and picking up things from the floor into my glass and enjoy his ice. After a few handfuls for himself he gave me a big smile and crammed that little hand full of ice into in my mouth! That was some sweet ice! The two of us had a ball eating ice, tossing ice on the porch then eating that ice after he picked it up from the floor. What can I say? I ‘M IN LOVE! Love makes you want to do whatever makes the object of your affection happy. We were a happy pair today! Hope you were too.
Love you!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for letting B stay at your house yesterday. He had so much fun playing out-side. It definitely must be love if you are eating ice off of the ground and out of his little dirty hands. Now I guess he will think that we all should eat ice off of the floor and out of his hands. I already have to eat cheese (yuck!)so I must be in love too!
Les

mcdaniellaurie said...

"Bennett, are you having fun with JuJu?"

"Yes Mam!"

I, too, am thankful for the fun day that you and B had. It led to our first genuine phone conversation. I wish I had a recording of that phone call. He has never been so enthusiastic in conversing, but was definitely having fun and wanted to talk about Jimpa's hat and Hannan coming over, "haNannnn." Man, I love that little boy!

La