Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pink Flip Flops posted 8/14/08

My pink flip flops just died. I have had them for many years. They were not fancy. Just plain drug store flip flops that I normally wore only occasionally at home. Since moving to the country I always wear shoes even inside and the pinks have, I mean had (it's still hard to believe they are gone) become one of my favs. They seldom left home, but lately they became part of a very cute outfit- my brown yoga pants and white sleeveless polo shirt. They added just the splash of color that I needed. Just this morning we were all at the grocery store. Don't worry family we were not at the national chain just a regional chain. But this afternoon as I was running up stairs to find the hammer that I needed to use on the turkey that I was preparing to grill, the little tong on my left shoe just gave out. At first I thought that I would be able to stick it back in as I did when I was a kid; but it was broken beyond repair. They were old and we had had a good time together. Or, maybe they committed suicide. Maybe my endless summer did them in.

No comments: