Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mondays!!! posted 8/27/08

Mondays! If you think Mondays are only hard if you are going to work, think again. After declaring Sunday a sick day - allergy symptoms had settled in my chest – and enduring a fever- filled night, Monday morning was not welcome. I wanted to go back to sleep and try again but of course since it was daylight I could not. My damp hair was sticking out in every possible direction and my red sunken eyes were highlighted by the dark circles. I could not get into my normal routine of hopping into the shower and getting ready for the day. By 11:00 I was still mopping around in my pjs - that are so ugly that even Hubby says they are ugly - when the mail man drove up to the back door. I grabbed a robe but since it seemed rude to cover my entire head I just hide the pjs and slinked to the door- making sure to cough and clear my throat often as I thanked him for driving all the way down the lane to deliver my book club package. I knew I should not have joined that book club.

My laptop and I are heading up to the secret room to hang out with the software deprived embroidery sewing machine, to lounge on the sofa and HIDE! We'll peer out the window at the UPS man and pretend we're not at home. Someone save this so you can document the beginning of my becoming the eccentric old crazy who lives in a hidden room in the house down the lane.

No comments: